misinformation rides again!!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Peterson" <mpeters6@r...>

> Holy smokes!!!  Misinformation city!
>
> OK, in no particular order, here goes...
> 1) the only vehicle sold in the US with the 4-motion system is the Audi
TT.

While we're on the topic, I have yet to hear any definitive argument
distinguishing "Quattro" from "Synchro" from "4-Motion" -- all those names
are just that -- names.

Sure the technology has changed a bit as time passed but they are marketing
phraseology  for VAG's relatively identical flavors of all-wheel-drive.

Even if some one out there does have the information to show me the error of
my ways, the back of every TT I've looked at has a "Quattro" badge on it and
the back of the few Passat's with AWD that I have happened by have stated
"4-Motion" so I beg to differ with Marc's statement above.

Regards,

Christian Els
1991 325iX
was 1998 Mitsu GSX