Subaru?

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:51:53 -0800 Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
> writes:
<snip>
> There is a new Beetle out that in order to test drive the car, they will
> do a credit check on you FIRST which you must clear and qualify.
>
> WTF is THAT all about.
>
> Shawn Méze

That is Time to Find a New Dealer time. Sleazy credit checks are a bad
habit of dealers, some don't even let you know- one time (about ten
years back) the spouce and I were goinf around to get lots of test
drives but we were very young and nieve; found out later our credit
rating took a hi because of all the credit checks that got run, some
without our knowledge or consent.

As for the debate re: Subaru, the GF bought a wagon with an auto trans.
It's STILL a bad assed car, blows the VW Golf away, except the VW/Audi
has more options like leather and a slight fit n' finish lead over the
Subbie. Once you get in the car and drive it starts to shine.

The Redwood City Subaru dealer sold her the car at a few poiints over
dealer invoice. No games, no checking wth the manager, noone of that BS.
'Here is the price, the WRX will be a few more points higher but hre is
It's price also'. No hassle.

Go doown to the VW dealer and get all sticky feeling. <yuck>

TBerk