ranting and raving lunatic speach within, read at own risk

Tberk,

Actually..  I have it broken down in years (I actually have a log of repairs
since 1988 on this car... but 13.7K only coveres 1998-now. (when I grabbed
the car for myself, and for some unknown gave up a perfectly good brand new
Cherokee Jeep (btw a vehicule I have always wanted to drive since the 80's!)

Year 1998 - 610.00
basic stuf on car tires and shit.. did not know what to do with this thing..

Year 1999 - 2272.00
Muffler job, changing power window regulators, new heater control valve, new
radiator (you must realize this car was in very poor shape, I had still no
heart to really do anything to this car (was considering another jeep and
crushing this hunk of debris) when my wife jumped the boat to steal my jeep
away (and the jeep is now sadlty enough in poor shape.. shes drives .. she
does not check anything...)

Year 2000 - 428.66
I was unemployed, car got to drive 2x a day 5.5 miles a day.  basics where
done..

Year 2001 - 8397.85
This is were the vw bite me, (well the bank refuses a new car loan and I was
really stuck with it.)90% Parts.
work done by me (except alignment, shocks and coils and muffler job (1rst
time.. the last job I did I did myself:)

Year 2002 - 2040.98 - all parts except alignments, work by me.

So 610.00 + 2272.00 + 428.66 + 8397.85 + 2040.98==> 13,749.49$ in teh past 5
years. and most of it in the past year.
the different in price from the 19K, my record go back from 1988.. :)

Well the problem is not with simple repairs like a clucth (30-40 $) it is
with me I hate redoing things twice thrice to get it all together
as in I now need to change the clutch , well the way I see things, my tranny
has 154K on it, and I have one at brian's that has 85K on it
So I will grab that puppy, change all seals, cleanup, slap in Peloquin 80%
LSD kit, new bolts, New lightweight flywheel, HD 16v/8v Clucth kit
and maybe if I find one in time a 5th .80 comversion gear. ( total parts
bill is curently for that bit at 549$) Yeah I know kinda of extreme just for
a slipping clutch worth 34$. I just hate doing and redoing (specially when
it comes to the large parts of the car (I personally do not want to pull my
tranny every other weekend...

so my clutch is going to end up costing me 500-600$ when done.

Oh Yeah add, another 40$ for engine mounts, and the 156$ (bal joint,tie
rods, and wheel bearing kits) I just ordered.
Considering I currently bring 0.000000$ to our household income. seeing a
job on the tranny is killing my morale. (yeah I know just do the clutch!
heh)

Unlike a great many when I do the mechanic, I do it, but I personally MUCh
prefer DRIVING the car than spending my weekends fixing the car.

actually considering selling his recently acquired euro bumpers to afford
the tranny job.. anyone want a used set of straight euro bumpers (one is
sanded down and ready to be primed/paint any colors the other is tornado
red.... 500$. email me

a broken down morale is a killer...