MK1 Guru HELP need - Urgent :)

> so will any of the following still work with the mk1
> ( a little work
> getting it to fit is not out of the question either)
>

> Front Seats
> Carpet
> Upper and Lower 8V Stress Bar
> Front and Rear 16V Sway Bars
> Stainless Exhaust
> Front struts/spring assembly
> Rear shocks & Springs  (just put on new suspension
> with poly bushings, etc)

====================
Front seats - yes, but the ceter rail is higher on the
MK2, resulting in a slight "rocking chair" effect.

Carpet - probably.
Lower stress bar - yes.
Upper stress bar- no.
Sway bars - yes, but you either need to drill the
control arms for the brackets or get new ones. The
rear control arm brackets must be swapped as well. To
mount this you will need to move the fuel lines behind
the passenger side control arm an inch or so.
Exhaust - probably not - 1979 has no cat - unless you
are in California.
Front Struts yes, front springs no.
Rear struts/springs yes.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://thescirocco.com