MK1 Guru HELP need - Urgent :)

> OH, and besides where the fenders and hood meet and
> strut towers, where
> else do they tend to have rust problems that would
> make the car very hard
> to repair?

The front of the pan is a problem area mainly due to
leaking windshields and rain tray areas. Also, the MK1
came with no wheelewll liner so rocks and stuff can
chip away behinf the front wheel (where the back of
the fender bolts to the unibody)

Lift the carpet and inspect the areas under the
carpet. Is the padding moist? Rust usually starts from
the inside out. Just the same I would inspect the
entire bottom of the pan.

Check the place where the rear trailing arms are
bolted to the chassis - rust here is usually fatal.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://thescirocco.com