AHHHRGGGG

Eric Anastas wrote:

> So I go out to my car today to drive to a meeting I have with some friends.
> I have a little trouble getting my lock to open, but get in and sit down. I
> imediately smell cigarrette smoke and get this sense like someone is sitting
> behind me. I look down, and what do ya know but my stereo is gone.
<snip>

I'm sorry for your troubles, but I wanted to mention when it comes time
to reintroduce sounds to your car to not go with a very flashy deck w/
lots of doo-dads and be damned sure you get a removable faceplate model
and fanatically take it with you, even when 'just going in for a min'.
The same guys who make CD cases also make faceplate softcases, even w/
belt loop (although the loop is mounted on the wrong edge).

Installing the radio in a very inconspicuous place is another good
recommendation, and of course the better I do my ride the more I need
some kind of alarm.

Again, nothing I say will reverse the clock but there are things you can
do to reduce a reoccurrence.

btw- webcamss, not ness. sent out over the web, but to your local
system, have been used successfully for local surveillance.

Thx for reading this far, I am up too late.

TBerk