MK1 16v suspension dilema

This will be one for me too since I am swapping a 2.0L 16v into an MK1.

The springs I have on my Rabbit right now (which is where the motor is also)
were from a 16v Scirocco so they were bought for a 16v Scirocco and put into
my 16v Rabbit.  The stance was perfect!!  There is also the question of
Scirocco 16v/8v since there are (with some springs) different numbers for
16v and 8v Sciroccos.  It's hard to believe that they were different because
of difference in weight because it was only by less than 200lbs.

I would think that you would want to order springs for the MK1 and not for
the MK2 since most spring manufacturers show the same spring for 16v and 8v
and the extra weight you are adding to your car would be similar to the
weight added to an MK2 with the 16v.

All A1 springs will cross with each other AFAIK.

Dave