MK1 16v suspension dilema

Potter will be my vendor on this and I asked him the same question as
follows.

...I have a question about sport springs for my MK1.  I am attached to the
H&R Sport springs and am planing on buying these this summer.  my situation
is this.  Iam in the latter stages of a comprehensive 16v upgrade from a
complete 86 16v pats car.  I have transplanted the ENTIRE front suspension.
Control arm/strut asembly and wheel (for the brakes).  When i buy the H&R
sport springs, which application should I go with.   My understanding is
that it is per chassis which is the same.  But I think there are different
part numbers for MK1 and MK2 springs.  Is this just a slightly stiffer rate
for the heavier MK2?  Will both fit in the MK 2 strut assemblyon my car?
Would the MK2 part number increase ride heigth (bad).  Tell me what I should
do.  My goal is to firm up the ride, and lower about 1-1.5 inches.  (H&R
sport claims both just like I want)   Bilstein sports are going in later but
that is a different story...
Any insight here would be valuble to me
Thanks,

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical  : (
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"