From: "Allyn" <amalventano1@comcast.net>
To: "scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 6:21 PM
Subject: rieger power steering - help

> Fellow listers
>     the rieger left a few red puddles after my trip to ocala last weekend.
today i jacked up the front end expecting to have to swap
> an output shaft seal on the tranny. turns out the passenger side power
steering boot has a 1/2" split (where it clamps to the tie
> rod), and go figure the clamp is missing. This is also the point it is
leaking from. I lost 1.5" from the p/s reservoir over ~400
> miles (im guessing it began sometime in/around ocala).
>     what can i do to slow/stop the leakage? is it feasable to do an
'in-place' replacement of the seal on that side? does the inner
> tie rod end act as a seal at all? (i've never taken a tie rod off of a
rack before). gimme options/opinions/suggestions please (i'd
> hope to be able to get to/from cincy without worrying about this, and i
definitely dont want to tackle a rack swap the week before