Taking out drum brake help...

by cover do you mean the cup, or dome looking piece? if so either grip with
a pair of channel locks and pull with a lil' back and forth motion or take a
lil' screw driver, wedge it between the cup and lip and gently pry it off.
of you're missing one you should replace it. if you need i might have one or
two lying around and would be more then happy to check for you.
   hit