removing body trim

i used a "gentle" heat. if you over heat the rubber strip itself will
deform. also be very gentle when you are pulling off, there is an aluminum
strip backing to each piece of trim. if this bends it's a b**ch to
straighten back out. then i used a lil' goo gone (or goo be gone?) to remove
the residual adhesive left over. hth
  hit