making my Roc run cooler

 tberk@mindspring.com writes:

<< The Mk1 Scirocco has panels on either side of he radiator for just this
 reason...

 Didn't we just go over this a week or two ago? >>

   Ya know, I was starting to think that either the server was resending old
posts back out again, or maybe there was something in my drink from the club
last night. Oh well.

 TBerk also wrote:
<<PS- Don't fix them too securely to the rad as flex and vibration can
 open a leak in the rad. This is how I end up warping my head, gasket.>>
      Very true, perhaps leaving enough room between the edge of the panel
and the radiator to attach some weather strip to give it a good seal and
avoid hurting the radiator.
    I'm looking at going the CheapA$$ (c) route and take a cue from Jaguar
and American cars by cutting some foam to fit between the rad and the body.

Carl
77rocco
89fox