Master cylinder question

Cathy Boyko wrote:

> Well, the time has come for my MC to be replaced. Any suggestions? One person
> suggested going to a G-61, but the numbers don't have a lot of meaning for me
> I'm afraid. Is there any opinion on this?  I don't usually miss a chance to
> upgrade, but if stock is the way to go, that's good too. It will likley be a
> "put this on and never mess with it forever" sort of deal, so I may as well do
> it right.
>
> LMK what you think, but it's gotta go soon, I may get the replacement
> tomorrow.
>
> Cathy, anticipating your input.
>
> _____________________

During replacement it pays to avoid (I was going to say "Full & Deep
Plunges..." but I won't) pressing the brake pedal all the way to the
floor during purging of the system. This is more imperative with older
M/Cs tan new ones but still; damage to the O-rings in the thing can be
damaged/ prematurely aged via contact with the area normally not used
inside.

That said it will depend on what else you have in the braking system to
determine what M/C would be a good fit; rear drums or disks? How large
are the front rotors/calipers?

While your at it and the system is open install braided stainless steel
teflon brake lines. The old ones are expandable but you don't want
that.  :P

Oh, & look to get one BIG bottle of fluid to fill and one small bottle
to top off after bleeding out the bubbles. Expect to re-bleed the system
a day or two after you let it settle down, I have found aerated fluid
will develop bubbles days later.

How's dat?

TBerk
I want to go wrench on my car but it 1 am right now.