Clutch problems

I did an engine swap.  The clutch worked fine at first, but then it
would not disengage.  I pushed the clutch pedal hard enough to split the
clutch cable housing.  I put on a new clutch cable and the clutch still
would not disengage.  The clutch lever was very easy to move through its
entire range.  I took the transmission, flywheel and pressure plate
off.  The bolts that hold the pressure plate on were backing out.  I
took the bolts out, put thread lock on them and put them in at the
correct toque.  I put the flywheel back on (with the protruding part of
the clutch plate pointing at the transmission.  I didn't tighten the
flywheel bolts in the correct order, so that might be the problem.  My
clutch still does not disengage.  I'm at a loss.  Could I have damaged
the push plate?  Can someone measure how far the pushrod sticks out?
Could I have damaged the clutch release bearing?  I have the
transmission off of the car at the moment.  I'll be working on it again
in the morning.  Can I give some helping soul a call tomorrow?  Thanks.

--
Kervin
80 1.7 8v Ole Paul not running