[tech] turbo vs. super

Foxx-
  There was a lengthy discussion on this very subject several montha ago.
Consensus is:
1.  Is no "better/best". They each have their advantages/disadvantages.
  The supercharger may be less prone to causing problems simply because it
can't be tweaked as easily to make more power. Is this a downside or an
upside?  Depends if you are pro-turbo or pro-SC, and really, this is an
operator issue not a mechanical issue.

2.  Correct.  However, if the turbo is carefully sized (and you aren't after
maximum boost) turbo lag can be minimized to the point where it is of little
consequence.

3. Who knows what the smallest supercharger made even is?   In any case, the
turbo, itself, is probably smaller than a comparable SC.  Once you start
factoring in the associated plumbing, however, the turbo system can become
bulky. The SC installation probably affords you less freedom for component
location within the engine compartment.

4. Depends on how much power increase you are after.  With MINIMAL increases
(does 10-15% sound about right, guys?) you shouldn't have to modify a
healthy motor.  Above that, start increasing the budget....  I wouldn't
attempt pressurizing a tired powerplant with either system.

There are others, more knowledgeable than I who will, hopefully, add their
opinions.....
(have I kept my bias out ?)

Larry