TT exhaust?

Larry wrote:

> I have to replace my exhaust system.
> What is the good and the bad with the TT dual downpipe w/ cat and the
> catback system for the 16V MkII?
> Anyone have experience with this set of items?

I've had a TT aluminized cat-back w/Ultraflow muffler for about 3
yrs/45k miles, and last year my cat was toast and flex joint leaking
(gee, imagine that) so I added the TT downpipe/cat.  All's good.  They
no longer use the factory-style flex joint on their downipe, but rather
some simpler setup that seems to work fine and hopefully isn't as
fragile.  Only complaint I have is I'd go with the Borla muffler as the
Ultraflow is kinda cheesy sounding...

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA