Supercharger, was: Re: turbo 'rocs

I have a supercharger from one of the new mini-coopers.  It's an Eaton M62
roots type.  I work at a place that designed the assembly system for the
manufacturer and we had enough parts lying around after we shipped the
machine to put a few together.  I managed to snag enough parts from the rest
of the engineering dept to put one together, but I'm going to use the nose
section off of one of the mercedes units because it's smaller.  I've ordered
a megasquirt fuel injection system and intend on using a intercooler out of
an Eagle Talon or some other DSM car.  I've already got a holley
programmable ignition on the car that lets me set the curve to what ever I
want and it has a hookup for a map sensor that will automatically retard the
ignition 1degree for every lb of boost.  I'm hoping on using the ABA block
with my JH head and intend to switch the injector buckets and then drill and
tap holes in the back of the head to mount the fuel rail.

I'm planning on mounting the alternator down low like on the early 84 and
older cars and then mounting the supercharger up where the alternator used
to go.  I can place a drive pulley for the supercharger between the crank
pulley wheel for the ignition and the billet udersize pulley my I have on
there now.  I'm not sure if Im going to put in a springloaded belt tensioner
or make the mounting for the supercharger swivel to tension the belt.  I'm
lucky enough to have access to autocad prints of the pieces so designing
brackets won't be too tough.

I'm also torn on using the ABA or the JH motor.  The JH has the nice 8.5
compression and the ABA has the 10.5.  I'm not sure which one I'm going to
end up with but I'm really leaning towards the ABA and spinning the
supercharger a little slower to keep the boost level down to reasonable
levels.

Anyone have a source for a aftermarket knock sensing system?  If it just
turns on a light that would be great as I can hook that lead directly into
the holley ignition and program it to reduce ignition timing.

Any comments or suggestions on this project are appreciated.

Thanks!

Alan