2.0 liter?

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has a good 2.0L 16v for sale, or can
recommend a car to look for in the junkyard to pull.  My friend was telling
me to get the ABA 1 motor or something, but I need to find out which cars
had the good ABA motor and which had the bad one.  Maybe it was ABA=good and
something else is bad...it had to do with the strength of the rods and VW
trying to meet emissions or economy tests by lightening the engine and
therefore weakening parts.  Thanks,
bryson