my car just got alot louder

   Heh, reminds me of an old Toyota pickup my dad used to have. He bought the
thing for cheap for work, and while I was driving it on the highway the
downpipe popped of the manifold as I was passing someone. The pipe sat on
part of the chassis, so it didn't try and rip the whole exhaust away. The
look on the other guy's face was priceless!
  -rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*clunk*WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!-

 tberk@mindspring.com writes:

<<
 Second VW (2dr Westmoreland Rabbit) in the backyard came with brake
 problems. Running it with one hand on the parking brake I spooled it up
 to see what the motor was about and herd ratleratleratle--POP!

 Stock muffler came loose from the inside out; got back to the driveway &
 I pulled the baffled pipe out- it looks like a flame resistor from a
 machine gun.

 Car is loud as hell.

 I keep thinking I'm going to put the SS Borla on the stock pipe. :]

 TBerk