My yearly engine/tranny rebuild saga... long

> I'mfinally experiencing the 16v woes I think.

Hmmm...*what* 16V woes?  That bottom end is at least as stout as the
8V's...dunno what you mean here.

> 2nd and reverse syncros are in need of replacement (and they'll throw
> a bolt kit in there).

Good idea on the bolt kit, but there is no reverse synchro.  The gear
just grinds itself to bits.  Got noise in reverse?  If so, it's gone
south on you.

> I'll have a tight bottom end,

...which is always a good thing...

> We'll also do some other small performance mods too, although
> limited, since
> my budget is long since blown.

Failed parts are the key that lets me upgrade, so it could be worse,
you could be removing perfectly good stuff and then upgrading.  Sorry
about your luck.  Do you have an oil pressure gauge installed?  How
were your oil temps before failure?  And don't forget the new oil pump!

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.