Clutch cable

Kervin wrote:

> I put on a new clutch cable this morning.  The old one had exploded
> because the clutch release lever wasn't moving any more.  I don't know
> if it is at the end of it's travel.  I can move the clutch release lever
> VERY easily (I don't remember it being like that).

There is an amount of travel the lever will make until it tightens up
against the push plate. From there the Pressure Plate (PP) springs
resist and most folks cant move it further without some help like the
lever action of the clutch pedal.

In your case if it can move more that from the normal horizontal
position and you encounter very little further resistance then it sounds
like the push rod wandered off center and may have pushed through the
softer iron to the side.

> The clutch currently
> is not releasing.  I don't remember putting any grease on the push rod.
> I guess I'll be taking it apart again this weekend.  Again, I have a new
> pressure plate, clutch disc and fly wheel.

But was the push plate in the middle a new part or reused from before?

> I used new bolts (mounting
> and flywheel), but I did take it apart and put it together about 4 times
> without refreshing the thread lock stuff.  As sad as things are, it's
> funny how much more torque this engine has.

Bonus: "I have more power, but my car is not running right now..."   ;])

How nice for you. _I_ think I have more cracks in my head that I thought
at 1st.

TBerk