Clutch cable

So, I did my ABA thing this weekend.  Tonight I finished putting on the
exhaust (which seems to hang down lower than before).  I left my work
spot and was taking it a little higher in the rpm range and shifting a
little faster.  At the next light, I couldn't disengage the clutch
fully.  The clutch pedal moves about half way and then gets very firm.
I had about 8 more lights to go before I got home and I could feel the
cable let go.  I didn't put on the new one during the swap, so I'll try
putting that on first.  Does it sound like I put something together
wrong?  I put on a new flywheel, clutch and pressure plate.
--
Kervin
80 1.7 8v Ole Paul