Clutch cable

I put on a new clutch cable this morning.  The old one had exploded
because the clutch release lever wasn't moving any more.  I don't know
if it is at the end of it's travel.  I can move the clutch release lever
VERY easily (I don't remember it being like that).  The clutch currently
is not releasing.  I don't remember putting any grease on the push rod.
I guess I'll be taking it apart again this weekend.  Again, I have a new
pressure plate, clutch disc and fly wheel.  I used new bolts (mounting
and flywheel), but I did take it apart and put it together about 4 times
without refreshing the thread lock stuff.  As sad as things are, it's
funny how much more torque this engine has.