Rocco stories

I was born into a vw family.  Mom always had her bug, and dad always had
type 2's.  I thought they were ok untill I got to be about 13 years of age.
 Well the vw okness stopped when I got to see the american cars hopped up
and fast as hell.  I began to actually despise vw's.  although I could've
had the bug on my 16th b-day, I didn't want it.  I had a good friend of
mine that owned an 87 pontiac fiero.  He decided to sell it.  I told him
I'd get it if he'd let me do payments. Cool.  I had a fiero.  Dreams of a
v8 archie kit danced in my head.  I also looked at some camaro's when I
wanted to be rid of the shitbox I call a rollerskate.  Then I remembered my
uncle used to have a really neat looking car called a Scirocco when I saw
one for sale in the auto trader.  This one was an 85.  Not quite like the
80 that he had, but it would do.  I then realized it was VW.  Disgusted I
threw down the 900 dollars for the ghastly thing.  It need outer cv's and a
clutch.  I limped it home to gather the money to work on it.  After I got
that all done with.  (I love having dad around to help me work on this god
awful thing).
	I then found the shrine to Scirocco's.  Artic Wind.  I started looking
through VW Trends mags, and found a remarkably beautiful red 85 8v.  I
think that's when the infection took over.  I never knew a VW could look so
damn good.  As I researched more I found out about the models, and engines.
 I decided I had to get a 16v.  More Power.  muwahahahaha.  Bam! right in
front of my face.  Auto Trader.  1988 red 16v Scirocco.  I begged my to let
grandma loan my the money to get it.  Yes!!!! Sucess!!!!!.

And now 5 years later, I'm starting to build shit for them.  The 85, I wish
I never got rid of.  Sold it to a friend, and it got burned to the ground
because of a vendetta against him.  That thing was reliable as hell.  Never
left me stranded.  My 88 2-3 times, but I never get rid of it for the life
of me.

Scott Rose
88 red 16v
90 yellow g60(not too much left now)