A Sad day has come... I am being forced to sell both of my Roccos:(

    basically since i'm in housing on base here, i cant go very long with a car torn apart. that
definitely doesnt mean i've been sitting on my hands. i've almost collected every tool/part that
will be necessary for the whole job. before i do even the first cut on the car itself i will have 2
rebuilt engines, 2 rebuilt trannies, most of the front subframe (that will replace the unibody), and
a bunch of other stuff all prepared and ready to drop in.
    the good part of that is the fact that the soon-to-be twin should go from running 8v to twin
monster in what im estimating less than a month. i'm definitely taking this preparation thing to the
next level. heck, a few days ago i bought a shed just for extra storage as i make/rebuild parts.
    the 8v that i have right now is maroon with tan interior (liked by some, but not well suited for
a 600+ hp scirocco). i am going for a black gtx look (similar to our buddy dirk), and plan on
repainting every crevice of the car. starting with a black shell might make things better/quicker. I
might even be able to get away with not painting initially (save the internals). Of course 1700 for
a non-running 8v thats 500 miles away seems a tad steep in my opinion, especially after dropping a
mere $240 for the current 8v that i have, which i drove home.
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 180k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (dotting 'i's across the country, rocco #8)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)