"The Scirocco" website / Arctic Wind

>"The Scirocco" was home to Joe Townsend's "Arctic Wind" and the main Scirocco
>website until it disappeared around January 3, 1998.  It's loss was a surprise
>to everyone.
>
>The website was taken down because Joe was tired of dealing with complaint
>emails ("why did you do this and not that? why isn't my picture up that I sent
>yesterday"...etc...etc...), and very few positive emails.  Arctic
>Wind was sold
>(as part of a divorce) to a kid in Minnesota about 4 years ago for
>around $6000.
>
>With the disclaimer "rather crude from today's standards", Joe was
>recently kind
>enough to provide all the old files.  I have put the most recent
>version (10-97)
>back online with only necessary editting.
>
>Frozen in time:
>http://thescirocco.driversfound.com/
>
>Enjoy!
>
>Greg :) 1985 Scirocco 2.0L 8V

Good show Greg!  Joe has contacted me several times over the years
about putting
his stuff back up, but he and I have never connected at the right
time to make it
actually happen...actually, I think he just never responded to my
email asking him
how he'd like to transfer the data. :)   Did he send you a cdrom?

Some of the pictures in that site are quite historical; pictures of
my 16v were the first
16v pictures he posted! :)

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net