MK 1 Fuel pump removal

Hey all,
I am removing the fuel pump and the hose on the tank side is easy enough but
the "banjo" fitting on the other side is a real pain.  The 2 studs for the
electrical leads are in the way for a 15mm wrench to get on the bolt on the
back side of the fitting.  The big 19mm is simple enough but I have nothing
to brace this against if I can get on that other smaller one.
Anyone recall this and have a trick, or am I just missing something.
Also the inevitable small gas spill doesnt smell right.  After a year of
about 4 gal in there "I think she's startin ta turn..."
I should probly drain it out any way eh?
Thanks for any help on this.
Oh BTW is that other small box in a bracket just to the rear of the fuel
pump the fuel accumulator?  Must be.

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion "...it's working....It's WORKING...!"
tracing electrical gremlins now...
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"