From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ron Pieper
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 4:11 AM
To: jamal_latrell@angelfire.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: How am I gonna fix my wiprer arm, pls ???

Well, at leaast a new arm is in order.

The splines on the steel male taper often get clogged with aluminum
from the arm, so take a dental pick and clean every spline out
thoroughly.  I have not seen these steel splines wear, but I haven't
seen everything, and they may be worn.

Stay away from the epoxy.  Loctite maybe, but expoxy no.

Ron

--- Marko Latrell <jamal_latrell@angelfire.com> wrote:
> The pass side wiper is stripped on my rocc. The arm no longer swings
> b/c the nut that keeps it down doesn't tighten. The grooves that hold
> the arm and move it are worn away too. Someone suggested that I use
> this marine epoxy (like 5200) to seal it together, but I dunno about
> that suggestion. I'd hate to have to replace the whole motor just b/c
> of the stripped parts, but don't know any alternative ways of fixing
> this.
>
> Any bright ideas? thanks.
>

> ---
> 87 Scirocco 8v
> 84 GTi
>

> Is your boss reading your email? ....Probably
> Keep your messages private by using Lycos Mail.
> Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.