Is my fuel enrichment working?

I don't think it is. My car is a 1.8 16v. It seems to just make noise after
about 5800-6000rpm, but not really make any power. Is this typical of the
1.8 16v, or is something wrong here? I'm thinking the stock fuel enrichment
circuit may be faulty. How can I check this? Would that have anything do to
with my hard cold starting as well?

The car seems to pull really well down low though. I'm really surprised at
the amount of torque the 1.8 16v seems to make at 3K. It's the most fun to
drive between 3500 and 5500 rpm...  Maybe my cam timing is off?

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus
(505) 821-4800