Is my fuel enrichment working?

Josh-
  My 1.8 16V acts the same way (except it starts in an exemplary manner) in
that reving past 6000rpm is counterproductive.  My FE tests good. So I
believe this may just be how the stock 16V 'roc runs.
 You are right; 3000-5000rpm is right in the meatiest part of the torque
curve,
Enjoy the ride.

Larry  sandiego16V

My car is a 1.8 16v. It seems to just make noise after