bilstein revalving - interesting...

I just called Bilstein and talked to Shane, asking about HD vs. Sport
for our cars (I have HD's).  Here is what he said:

-Sports and HD's (front) have the same compressed and extended length.
Therefore one could lower a car as much with either (despite what their
website says).  They change rates automatically based on *velocity* not
position and have internal bumpstops.

-Vs. the HD's, front Sports are ~10% higher in compression damping and
40% higher in rebound damping.

-Rear HD's actually have *more* damping than Sports! Dunno how much.

-He seemed to think that boots over these shocks are not really
necessary, especially at the front.  That big shaft on the fronts is
actually the shock BODY, not the piston.  The fronts mount inverted.

$55 ea. for rebuild/revalve, send to Poway? CA, 1-2 weeks turnaround.

FWIW, anyway...

Ron