The Rocco seems to have devolped a.......

--- Erik Patterson <pats16v@maxpoweronline.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>

> I'm new to the list so bear with me.

Welcome.

Now it seems to have
> developed a rev limiter at 3000 no matter what I do.

As I think someone mentioned - did you get the timing
correct after changing everything?

  All
> the usual stuff was checked.  All good.

That could be a helluva lot.  What "usual stuff" are you
referring to?

  Now, the way it
> runs up 3000 leads me to think it is electrical,  since
> it is clicking from the dash and every once in a while
> when it hits 3000 the tach jumps.

Sounds like your fuel pump relay.  Try replacing it, or as
a test, use a jumper wire and see if you get rid of that
3000 rpm redline.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace