The Rocco seems to have devolped a.......

Hey guys,

I'm new to the list so bear with me.  I own a 88 16v Rocco with 141,000 miles.  I have had this one for about a year and have barely driven it.  SO last week the weather cleared and I started driving.  IOt ran great.  I did the usual.  FResh cap,rotor, plugs, wires all the usual stuff.  So last weekend I' changed the oil pan gasket that has always nagged me.  That went smoothly.  SO I start the car to check for leaks none suprisingly.  So I take it down the road for a spin.  Driving it only hours before it ran great,  Now it seems to have developed a rev limiter at 3000 no matter what I do.  All the usual stuff was checked.  All good.  Now, the way it runs up 3000 leads me to think it is electrical,  since it is clicking from the dash and every once in a while when it hits 3000 the tach jumps. Rocco is my baby, help me out guys and gals.

Erik

88 16v
88 Golf
83 GTI