suspension choices? - Longish Reply

Jason Arms wrote:

> Hey,
>
> OK, my 16v rocco is in dire need of new suspension and tires.
<snip>

> -H&R Cup Kit (does this lower the car?  Is it adjustable? or just new shocks
> struts and springs sold as a kit?)
>
> What im wondering is... does anyone have any input on any of these
> suspensions?  I have 16" wheels with 205/40/16's, i also need tires... i
> would like to go to a 205/45/16
<Snip>

I too have the H&R Cup kit, they are looking at me from the front
stairway as they haven't been yet installed. :[  (I have drug them to
the computer for a closer look).

Mine isn't a 16v so I have less weight too deal with, in fact it is an
81 (Mk1) so even lighter at that. Hah hah. :P

I like a little 'squish' in the side wall, so I encourage the taller 45
vs the current 40s, but without running it through a calculator to see
how close to Stock Overall Diameter they hit at.

Hey! I just opened the box and found some M&Ms!  (WooHoo!, I love Mrs.
Potter!)

It says inside "The original Factory Front & Rear Dust Boots and
Bumpstops must be reinstalled on the H&R Shock Rods" to avoid voiding
warranty, etc, blah, blah, blah.

My 'kit' from Potter-people came with new ones of those AND new upper
shock bushings, in cool RED poly from Bugpack. oooow.

Looks like they are not adjustable they are fixed like stock shocks but
are a 'Matched Set' of springs and shocks. They make sets valved and
sprung for the given car.

Betcha it lowers the car, lets see....   Front 1.6  Rear 1.4   in inches
I think.   Wow, look at that list price. I paid a _lot_ less.

GL,
TBerk