M.C.

Josh Hignight wrote:

> Yo, word is born, I wanna shout out to mah dawg Fugee, uh...err...
> Wait, wrong MC.

Uh, it would be 'Woid iz BOND...' As in- My word as a Gentleman should
suffice...  But anyway-

> I'm changing my MC this weekend to the G60 non-ABS unit because my stock 85
> unit is crap. I'm thinking, DOT 4 fluid? Economy and good performance are
> key here since I have $6 in my savings account (after buying the new mc),
> and don't get paid for another week, but I don't want to deal with flushing
> out all of  the fluid AGAIN in 3 months when I do the rotors, pads and
> lines....
>
> Suggestions? Brands? Where to buy?
<snip>
> Joshua Hignight

Yep, DOT 4 fluid. Forget DOT 5 as it's silicon racing only. Ford (Ford?)
yeah Ford makes some decent fluid, and I think it's the cheapest, but
good, fluid you will find.

Castrol of course, what you might do to save some coin I'd get the Big
Bottle of fluid, as you will be pushing new fluid through the whole
system, and a little bottle for topping off and just in case.

Remember that open brake fluid will soak up water out of the air so use
it or loose it.

hth,
TBerk