2.0l 8v - add - on options?

So, I have pretty much decided to get an Audi 3a 2.0l
8v engine (115hp) to drop into the Scirocco this
summer.  There are no 16vs around here that I could
rape, and it'd probably be too big of a PITA to try
and piece together any other type of conversion, since
I live 300 miles from anywhere, and everything has to
be mail order...

I'll be getting a new exhaust (probably Techtonics, or
something like that...), and I have already done all
the suspension work I ever plan on (H&R, Bilstein,
Upper & lower strut ties, stock swaybars).  I've got
the short shift kit & weighted rod... I know none of
this adds hp, but I fall into the windy mountain road
drivers that were discussed the other day.  I just
need more power, and I would like to do it with the
engine out....

So what should I do to the motor, before I install it
to get a lil more UUMPH out of it?

Any ideas? Maybe paint the valve ;)
Thanks

=====