MKI question

After looking at all the photo ablums I found pics of
my parents 83 Jetta and the 77 Scirocco.  Both of them
were beige.  My question is the rear bumper on the 77
Scirocco.  I've seen pics of MKI Sciroccos in
magazines and the interenet, but the bumper looked
different.  It had 2 square bars sticking out that
were apart of the bumper.  Any info on these bumpers?
Should I scan the pics of the MKI Scirocco, the Jetta,
the other MKII Scirocco, and maybe the Quantum?

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm