Tinting a Scirocco - Big PIA - Rant

I had my tint done in 1997 -- and it's holding up great to this day.

The rear 1/4 windows were taken out for a perfect job.  And they were a
little too optimistic with the X-Acto knife on the bottom rubber seal of
the front 1/4s, but so far I'm the only one who's ever noticed.

I was told that the rear window essentially has to be done in two pieces to
avoid bubbling.  The first time they did mine, they stopped the tint at the
parkbench, and then painted the rest black.  I yelled at them about it and
had an appointment 2 weeks later for them to fix it.  But I backed up into
a 7-year old pulling into my driveway... so I didn't wait the 2 weeks.

I have 20% on top, and 35% below the spoiler.  The seam is invisible
because it occurs in the shadow of the spoiler.  It's a perfect setup
because (a) you can't see the difference between top and bottom from
outside at all, and inside you can't tell, (b) you don't get blinded by
people behind you because of the 20%, but you can back up and see out
nicely by looking through the 35% section.

YMMV
Jason