Tinting a Scirocco - Big PIA - Rant

Big thumbs up here.  I took the front quarter windows out when the red
car was tinted cause I didn't want to have those annoying cracks of light
to either side of my field of view.  Then the stupid asses did the rear
quarter glass in two pieces leaving a line down the middle.  Friggin
morons.

Now you can get a $1200.00 fine in my fair city of Assville, NC for tint
that's too dark.  I yanked it off the hatch and roll down windows to "be
in the process of compliance", only to see kids cruise the strip with 5%
doubled up, week after week, getting away with it...little bastards.  I'm
moving to S.C.!

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM:  OneSixV

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:25:35 -0500 "Veedub" <myjunkbox@rogers.com>
writes:
> Here's how I've done tint on one before.  Remove the hatch & rear 1/4
> glass.
> (about a 10 minute job), put the tint right past the edge of the
> glass and
> trim.  Then reinstall the window seals (they will then cover the
> tint) and
> put the window back in.   Takes about an extra 1/2 hour but well
> worth it.
> With the glass out, just about anyone can do a "professional" tint
> job.
>
> Ja
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.