removing the a/c

It was easy on my 86.  First if there is ANY freon in the system, have
someone take it out.  Then, I took out the compressor, condenser, cut
the hoses, moved the alternator to where the compressor was.  Then I got
a belt for a fox and it's kinda done.  The alt pulley is not in perfect
line with the water pump or the crank pulley.  I'm going to get those
two things off of a fox that is at my local pick-n-pull.  I don't know
if your 85 is different, but I'm sure that Patrick Bureau is. He's the
85 expert!

Kervin

--
Kervin