need some rear caliper advise

If the scar is on the skirt, and it can be tidily filed down, in a
pinch, why not?  The 0-ring does the sealing, and the skirt doesn't
touch anything.  Not ideal, I agree, but not a total travesty.

BTW I didn't drop or file anything on my front calipers when I rebuilt
them.  They were a very little bit rusty, so I cleaned that up, with no
harm.

> Ron, I cant suggest anyone file on a piston or other interior brake
> component-  Bad, bad, bad.
>
> Of course it may just work fine for years and years but these are
> BRAKES maaaan.
>
> TBerk

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.