Dunlop SP9000's day one...

Dan Bubb wrote:

> I dont' get it! The factory recommends 27 PSI front/rear with 175/70 x
> 13, so you install a wider tire with a much stiffer side wall and jack
> the pressure up 30%?
> Has anybody seen a plot of slip angle vs. lateral load?
> A 205/40 X 16 produces a higher lateral load at a smaller slip angle
> than a 175/70 X 13. Increasing tire pressure reduces slip angle for a
> given lateral load. Maximum lateral load may increase slightly.
<snip>
> Dan

Dan, I thought the main difference was tire manufacturing has advanced
and higher pressures were a regular thing now. In other words the old
13" tires were what the label (spec) was derived for but how could
they have known what Dunlop or Goodyear would come up w/ in later
years?

TBerk

btw- Folks? Trim yer posts. I thank you.