OT: Radar detection capabilities/Valentine

>I've had a Valentine for about 6 years (maybe longer) and really like
>it. It is a high quality unit and has saved me from more than a few
>tickets. It's the only one I've ever had so I don't know that its more
>effective than a $120 detector.
>
>The only ticket I've gotten since I've owned it was from being paced (I
>wasn't paying attention). As nice as it is, it doesn't make you immune
>to tickets. You still need to pay attention (i.e. watch for brake
>lights, scan the horizon etc.) Here in Ohio they use Laser quite abit
>and a detector can't save you...it just lets you know you've been
>"lased".

Not exactly. Like with radar, they use it to ping each car coming along.
Here in Boulder, CO I've picked up the laser scent from the use on the
cars ahead of me.

>Unfortunately it died on me this past weekend on a trip to Detroit (NA
>Auto Show...very cool). I replaced the inline fuse, but it still
>doesn't work and I haven't had time to check it out any more. Its weird
>cuz we were using it in a friends car when it died. I haven't figured
>out if its a coincidence yet or if his car fried it.

It may be worth having Valentine fix it. They also have an upgrade
policy for those wanting their newer unit.

--
georgercarrjr@mac.com