OT: Radar detection capabilities/Valentine

> Not exactly. Like with radar, they use it to ping each car coming
> along.
> Here in Boulder, CO I've picked up the laser scent from the use on
> the
> cars ahead of me.

Right...I meant if not travelling in a crowd.

> It may be worth having Valentine fix it. They also have an upgrade
> policy for those wanting their newer unit.

I finally had a chance to check it out more thoroughly and it turned
out to be a bad power cord...probably from the 6+ years of abuse.

Now my only complaint with the Valentine (and it really should be a
complaint with VW) is that the plug doesn't fit in the cigarette
lighter socket very well...I have to shim it so that it doesn't fall
out. The Valentine plug fits in every other car I put it in.

-Keith
84 8v (Valentine equipped once again)