From: Keith Fullerton [mailto:kefullerton@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 4:10 PM
To: Jorel Jackson; volkswagen scirocco
Subject: Re: OT: Radar detection capabilities/Valentine

I've had a Valentine for about 6 years (maybe longer) and really like
it. It is a high quality unit and has saved me from more than a few
tickets. It's the only one I've ever had so I don't know that its more
effective than a $120 detector.

The only ticket I've gotten since I've owned it was from being paced (I
wasn't paying attention). As nice as it is, it doesn't make you immune
to tickets. You still need to pay attention (i.e. watch for brake
lights, scan the horizon etc.) Here in Ohio they use Laser quite abit
and a detector can't save you...it just lets you know you've been
"lased".

Unfortunately it died on me this past weekend on a trip to Detroit (NA
Auto Show...very cool). I replaced the inline fuse, but it still
doesn't work and I haven't had time to check it out any more. Its weird
cuz we were using it in a friends car when it died. I haven't figured
out if its a coincidence yet or if his car fried it.

Anyone have any similar experience? or know about diagnosing this
thing?

THat's all for now...
-Keith
84 8v