16v head on a 1.7L engine

This would work OK and I have actually been thinking about a 1.6L 16v race
motor but you would have to do two things.  First, you would have to do what
Scott explains below (welding the oil return hole then surfacing the head),
then you would either have to use deisel pistons to up the compression or it
would be a great base for a turbo!!  HTH!!

Dave

> Nope, no you wouldn't. :^) In order to fit the 16v head to the earlier
> block, you have to weld shut some of the oil return holes in the head.
Thus,