Common sense engine upgrades

We have got to stop this "use diesel pistons with a 16V head"..."use 8V
pistons with a 16V head"..."use 16V pistons with an 8V head" bullshit! 90%
of the time this is a non-starter anyway because of piston pin height in the
piston, BUT....
Combustion chambers are designed to provide the required CR, squish area,
valve area, minimal valve shrouding, turbulence for efficient burn rate,
minimal surface area for thermal efficiency and minimal emissions.....blah,
blah,blah.....
The top of the piston is the bottom of the combustion chamber and there are
many more issues than CR to have an effective combustion chamber!
You can do a mix and match if you have enough sense to avoid piston to valve
collisions and piston to head collisions, but it isn't going to be even
close to optimum!
What the hell is the point of putting a turbo on an engine, adapting the
fuel and ignitions systems to support this, then bastardizing the whole
effing thing with a combustion chamber that has a CR that is too high or too
low because you used some POS pistons that you had laying around that have
poor turbulence and burn rate because the squish area is lost, long burn
rates because the combustion chamber is the whole diameter of the piston
instead of being centrallized, that is all MORE prone to knock than if you
had just bothered to get a piston with the right CR that was made for the
application.
Being cheap is one thing. Being stupid is another.

I'm thinking that  pistons from a Honda B18A would be the ticket for my high
reving 8V!!
Dan
Not picking on you Dave! Just the perverbial straw......