From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Allyn
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 16:29
To: danws69@earthlink.net; roc (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [electrical] I keep having a 'shocking' experience...

Dan,
    I've noticed that some dunlops and pirellis do it. The rieger with yokos
doesnt do it at all.
It is also possible to minimize the static build up by using a good tire
cleaner (the kind meant for the task, that seems to get brown stuff from
nowhere), and then a good hard coat of black magic. Keep putting it on daily
for a week to get a good soak into the tires. This actually got rid of it
entirely on the set of dunlops that was doing it.
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (shell donor ready to rock, still
planning)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch,
driveshafts, wheels :)