2.0L 8v Questions

There is a 10 year old article in VW&P discussing adding a knock
sensor to a solid
lifter car (1.8L).  They discussed the same exact situation, whether or not the
solid lifter valve train with set it off.  They even consulted with
some VW tech
people who basically said they weren't sure either.  So they tried
it, and it worked
out great.  The engine was running 10.5:1, most of the ping went away after
the conversion...the only time it still pinged was going up hills under load or
something like that.  I was thinking of scanning it and 'webifiing' the article
for the scirocco.org tech procedure section like I did for the cis-e
idle procedure.

==Brett