Brrr.......Heater woes[RANT}

Well, gang, if you remember, I was the one bleeding at Cincy last year
tearing the blower fan out of the Upside Down Scirocco with no floor pan.
Well, after we tought it not to mess with us, anyways.....Well, after
replacing the fan, the switch, checking the fuses, etc. STILL NOTHING.  At
waterfest(dustfest) I relayed my problems to a very drunk and sympathetic
group of fellow listers, and they then told me to try a few things, none of
which worked.  Although the whole no ignition, high beam thing is pretty damn
cool, but I'll explain first.  My girlfriend actually broke up with me on the
way home from Waterfest (Which was frigging GREAT after hearing her complain
the whole weekend about the AC) because in her mind, that was the straw that
broke the camels back about me and my obsession with VW's (She's currently
dating a Mustang Driver with "Dogbert" hanging off his mirror)  Anyways,
after being towed twice last month, the only time this car has ever really
broken down, I accidentally hit a wire underneath the dash trying to jiggle
the fuel pump relay, because myself and my mechanic thought that's what it
was, but it was really distributor failure, and I hit a dark brown wire by
accident, well, after seeing blue sparks jump everywhere, the blower motor
roared to life.  Turned out to be a BAD GROUND....AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!!  The only
problem I have now; between the low temp fan switch, the low temp thermostat,
and the Redline Water Wetter,  My damn car barely gets warm enough to get the
heat truly going...Oh well, at least I can actually drive with the windows up
now, with no fear of being fogged up or freezing to death here in 'DA BURGH.
Just needed to vent, thanks for listening, and wait for it, TWO SCIROCCOS IN
PVW  one of which is vaaaaguely familiar.....hmmm...

Patrick Boyle
'87 Scirocco 16v
'87 Cabriolet
'84 Rabbit GTI